This privacy statement explains how Tyne Valley Folk Train CIC ("we", "us", "our") collect information from you via our sign-up sheets and online platforms, or in any manner expressly described in this privacy statement, and how the information is then used. References to "you" means the user of our website or associated online platforms.
Tyne Valley Folk Train CIC processes personal data for numerous purposes, and the means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure, and retention periods for each purpose may differ. When collecting and using personal data, our policy is to be transparent about why and how we process personal data. To find out more about our specific processing activities, please go to the relevant sections of this statement below.
1. What personal data do we collect?
In the cases set out below Tyne Valley Folk Train CIC may contact registrants to provide them with information about our services, publications and products, invite them to future events, or for other marketing purposes.
These are the most common scenarios for data collection and the data processing we do for each:
2. Email alerts
In order to sign up for email news and/or event alerts, we will ask for your email address and full name via a physical sign-up form or an online form. You can unsubscribe at any time. We will keep your details as long as you are subscribed to provide you with email alerts, and once you unsubscribe we will keep your email address as a means to ensure we don’t contact you in the future.
3. Event Bookings
Depending on the nature of the event (e.g. a concert, workshop programme or residential event) we may ask for other details such as your home address, a contact in case of emergency, any medical conditions, dietary requirements and date of birth. In addition, we may ask which instruments you play, how well and your preferred learning style. We may share some of this information with third partied such as tutors and venue staff.
We may at times conduct surveys, opinion polls or other sentiment collection methods via our website and associated online platforms. Participants will be asked for personal information such as your email address and full name, in addition to opinions and feedback. This information will be used in the context of the survey and not for any other purposes, unless clearly stated.
Information collected when you sign up via our Website and associated online platforms is protected using industry-standard encryption technology, which we require from all Website technology providers and associated platform providers.
If you register on any of our online platforms, your personal information may be stored in our contacts and marketing database system. The data of users who have signed up will remain in our system for as long as we require in order to maintain an effective relationship with you, unless you ask us to delete your information. If you wish to be excluded from our system, please contact us.
Please note that instances of data collection may have different applicable retention periods. If you wish to know about your data’s retention period, please contact us.
5. How do we use personal data?
We may use the personal data you provide via signing up on our website and associated platforms, as well as supplementary information from other sources as per above, for the following purposes:
- to administer and/or improve the Website;
- to fulfil your requests for news alerts and notices if you have signed up for them;
- to deal with any requests submitted by you;
- to process any booking that you submit to us;
- for statistical and research purposes;
- to personalise your experience at our Website and associated platforms;
- to contact you for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this and/or
- to otherwise respond to any requests, queries or comments submitted to us by you.
We may need to share your information with our tutors and venues for the above purposes. We will never sell your data or purposely allow it to be used in any way other than that originally intended. We may also disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligations.
6. Sensitive personal data
Sensitive personal data includes information revealing racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership; the processing of genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person; information concerning health; information concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation; and in some cases, social security numbers or financial information.
We may ask you about medical conditions for our events (both residential and non-residential). We may also ask for emergency contact details which could include your named contact’s name and mobile telephone number.
We ask that you do not provide sensitive personal data to us when using our website; if you choose to do so for any reason, the act of doing so constitutes your explicit consent for us to collect and use that information in the ways described in this privacy statement or as described at the point where you choose to disclose this information.
Our website and associated platforms have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal data under our control.
Tyne Valley Folk Train CIC may disclose your personal information outside of our company in the following instances:
- Where disclosure is necessary to fulfil your requests and involves a third party organisations with which Turner & Townsend has a relationship with;
- Where explicitly requested by you, the site visitor;
- As a requirement by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement;
- Where disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business;
- Where you interact with our social media channels using a publicly available feature; for example if you post something publicly and tag us, we may retweet/repost or share it from the official account.
Tyne Valley Folk Train CIC may ask external service providers to assist with information technology and other administrative support services to operate our Website and associated platforms.
9. Links to other websites
10. International transfers
By providing us with your personal data, you consent to our transferring such personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of protection as the UK, if necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy statement. This would most commonly include our accessing data from abroad, which constitutes an international transfer under the new laws.
11. Your rights
Tyne Valley Folk Train CIC provides you with the ability to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If at any time you would like to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information, exercise your right to data portability or withdraw your consent to processing, please click here to contact us
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, if you would like to do so please click here to cntact us.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a site. They are used to help websites remember who you are, tailor content to you and track visitor trends, but cannot be used by themselves to identify you or your personal data.
The Website uses two kinds of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are cookies that expire at the end of browser sessions. They live on users computers only as long as users browse through the Website. They are ASP.NET cookies and their purpose is to allow the Website to link the actions of a user while browsing. They are encrypted, do not store users' identifiable information on them and they are essential to help you navigate the site.
- Third party analytics cookies: these are cookies created by parties other than Tyne Valley Folk Train CIC that are stored permanently (or until deletion) on a visitor’s computer. They allow the actions of users across the Website to be remembered. They are then used by the third party to generate their reports accordingly (i.e. to identify whether users are new or returning, their origin, and what pages they visited).
12. Social media platforms
By using the Website you consent to the processing of data about you by Tyne Valley Folk Train CIC in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
You also consent to your data being processed by third parties we work with, such as our website platform, email platform, customer and marketing data system, and other associated online platforms.
14. Changes to the privacy statement
This privacy statement may change and therefore you should review it regularly. We will of course notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, please click here to contact us: